THURSDAY, JANUARY 29 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Taste of Haines City • Haines City
– The Haines City Leisure Services Department, in conjunction with area restaurants and Cromer International Press, present the “Taste of Haines City”.
– This event allows ticket holders to spend an evening with friends while they experience the excellent services and food that the participating restaurants provide, and enjoy complimentary beer, wine and soft drinks.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 29 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Yakov Smirnoff • Lakeland
– Fans who loved the comedy of Russian born entertainer Yakov Smirnoff throughout his expansive career on television, the silver screen and Broadway can experience the hilarity once again when Yakov Live! In his new national tour, audience members will enjoy Yakov’s insightful and laughter-filled philosophy on life, love, family and country.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 30 – SATURDAY, JANUARY 31
Lakeland PigFest • Lakeland
– Join the Lakeland Pig Fest Board of Directors and the over 150 competition barbecue teams for a weekend of good eatin’, good friends, and good tunes to benefit Lakeland-area charities as we kick off the 18th Annual Lakeland Pig Fest! Admission and Pig Bucks
– Admission to Lakeland PigFest 2015 will be free. The good eatin’ will cost you some grub.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 31 – SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 1
Battle of Bowlegs Creek Heritage Festival • Fort Meade
– Ft. Meade Chamber of Commerce, the Southern Volunteer Battalion and the 12 New Jersey Company K invites you to the 150th Anniversary reenactment of the Battle of Bowlegs Creek.
– The goal is to offer visitors the best accurate and genuine depiction of the “War between the States” and the circumstances and trials that were part of life during the demanding days of April 7th, 1864. You’re invited to come and visit the Settlers, Vendors, Camps, and Exhibitors that make up the Battle of Bowlegs Creek ’ Raid up the Peace River’!
SATURDAY, JANUARY 31 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM
Lake Region Audubon Hike • Lakeland
– Lake Region Audubon Society hosts periodic bird hikes at Circle B Bar Reserve led by the Bird Club.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 31 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Tram Nature Tour at Circle B Bar Reserve • Lakeland
– Requires sign up. Take a personalized tour of the Banana Creek Marsh with a volunteer guide who will point out plants, birds and history of the property. *Nature Tour sign ups begin on the first working day of each month.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3 12:15 PM – 1:00 PM
Book Club at Polk County History Center • Bartow
– The book club meets on the first and second Tuesdays of each month, from 12:15 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Bring your lunch.
– February 3 and 10 – “Summer of ‘68,” Tim Wendel
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 3 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM
Turtle Travels Exhibit Opening • Lakeland
– Turtle Travels, designed for family audiences, offers museum visitors the opportunity to learn more about the life of turtles and the challenges they face through 15 interactive stations including a life-sized board game, a turtle tunnel and a Crittercam view of a sea turtle’s life.
– The exhibit was developed by the Environmental Exhibit Collaborative with major support from Jane’s Trust and additional support from the Institute for Museum and Library Sciences.
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 4 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Million Dollar Quartet • Lakeland
– Tony® award-winning Broadway musical, inspired by the electrifying true story of the famed recording session that brought together rock ‘n’ roll icons Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis and Carl Perkins for the first and only time.
– Million Dollar Quartet brings a legendary night to life with an irresistible tale of broken promises, secrets, friendships and celebrations featuring timeless hits including “Blue Suede Shoes,” “That’s All Right,” “Sixteen Tons,” “Great Balls of Fire,” “I Walk the Line,” and more.
Haines City Farmers Market – Wednesdays weekly
Davenport Farmers Market at Polk Outpost 27 – Thursdays weekly
Winter Haven Farmers Market – Thursdays weekly
Downtown Lakeland Farmers Curb Market – Saturdays weekly
1st and 3rd Saturday Market in South Lakeland – First and third Saturdays monthly
Lake Wales Farmers Market – Second and fourth Saturdays monthly
Highland City Community Market – Third Saturday monthly
Mulberry Farmers Market – Third Saturday monthly
4th Saturday Market Winter Haven – Fourth Saturday monthly