TUESDAY, JANUARY 20 12:15 PM – 1:00 PM
Lunch & Learn Lecture Series at Polk County History Center * Bartow
– The museum invites guests to bring lunch and listen to a guest speaker on the third Tuesday every month. Lectures will begin at 12:15 and last 30 – 45 minutes.
January 20 – “Preservation Celebration: Stories of the Preservation of the 1908 Courthouse”
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21 – SUNDAY, JANUARY 25 ALL DAY
National Corvette Restorers Society Regional Meet * Lakeland
– Do not miss the 37th Annual NCRS Florida Chapter Winter Meet held at SUN ‘n FUN in Lakeland, Florida! Over 25,000 people are expected to attend. The National Corvette Restorers Society is the largest Corvette club in the world.
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21 8:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Guided Bird Hike at Circle B Bar Reserve * Lakeland
– Please join our volunteer guide on a hike through the Marsh! Learn about the birds of Circle B Bar Reserve! This will be a great time of year to bird watch at Circle B Bar Reserve, so do not miss out on this hike!! Bring binoculars and a camera, because you never know what birds will be stopping in at the Marsh!
THURSDAY, JANUARY 22 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Heritage Trail Hike and Tram Tour * Lakeland
– Requires sign up. * Join one of our “heritage” volunteers on a tram tour with a short walk to the Cow Camp. Learn about the history of ranching and the citrus industry of Florida as you enjoy the scenic walk and explore the exhibit area. Then hop back on the tram and take a tour of the Banana Creek Marsh.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 22 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
All About Nature Hike * Lakeland
– Please join our volunteer guide on a throughout the parks habitats. Take in the scenery on our Circle B trails. Nature makes the calls, so enjoy seeing a copious amount of plant and animal life interact on our property. Bring your cameras and bring your field guides!
THURSDAY, JANUARY 22 – SATURDAY, JANUARY 24
Simply Divided * Lake Wales
– Set entirely in a diner, Simply Divided is the story of how easily friendships can be torn apart by loneliness and jealousy. With plenty of verbal jousting, surprising plot twists and a sprinkling of quirky supporting characters, Simply Divided feels like spending an evening with old friends. Just old friends that want to kill each other.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 22 & 23 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
An Evening of Dance * Lakeland
– A Winter Dance Concert will be presented by the Harrison School for the Arts dance department on Thursday, January 22 and Friday, January 23, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. in the main theatre. The concert will feature choreographic works by Shelley Bourgeois, Tim Glenn, Virginia Munday and Susan Olson.
THURSDAY, JANUARY 22 – SUNDAY, JANUARY 25
Unnecessary Farce * Winter Haven
– Comedy at Theatre Winter Haven. Two cops. Three crooks. Eight doors. Go.
– “A smash hit! Two hours of non-stop laughter. The plot weaves you through mix-ups and mayhem you won’t believe. This is one funny show you don’t want to miss!” – ABC 53
FRIDAY, JANUARY 23 – SATURDAY, JANUARY 24 ALL DAY
44th Annual Alafia River Rendezvous * Homeland
– Annually, the members of the Florida Frontiersmen host the Alafia River Rendezvous the largest living his event in the Southeast. Over 1,000 adults and hundreds of children establish a pre-1840 camp site on the Florida Frontiersmen club property. This event draws over one hundred traders and thousands of visitors and school children.
– Public days are filled with 18th century musicians, craft (this is a CASH ONLY event) and daily living demonstrations. For those with a love of history and a heart to pass it on to our next generation, the Alafia River Rendezvous is an experience children and adults will never forget.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 23 6:30 PM – 10:00 PM
Light up the Night 5K * Winter Haven
– Join the Junior League of Greater Winter Haven in their Light Up the Night 5K and Community Celebration! Come run, jog or walk a 5k through Downtown Winter Haven with coworkers, colleagues, family and friends. Be sure to bring your glow! Live music and food truck rally to follow the run. You aren’t going to want to miss this.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 23 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Art+Food * Lakeland
– The second art party in Polk Museum of Art’s new Art+ series is going to spice things up with some competition. Art+Food is part of our new series of events that will offer new ways to experience the Museum.
– Attendees will be invited to sample Asian fusion flavors from local restaurants and cast a vote for their favorite. They can enjoy live music while perusing the exhibition “Revival: Paintings by Gabrielle Wu Lee,” and try their hand at Zen gardening.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 23 – SUNDAY, JANUARY 25
Cirque Italia * Lakeland
– Cirque Italia brings the appreciation of production and circus arts together to create a night to be remembered. Cirque Italia presents “Aquatic Spectacular.” The name reflects a unique feature under the tent, for it is a custom designed water stage that travels from city to city.
– Cirque Italia brings talented artists from across the world under the big top that will really have you wanting more. They bring unique aerial acts, hand balancing, contortionists, hula hoops, and many more surprise performances that are breathtaking.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 24 7:00 AM – 9:30 AM
Susan G. Komen Polk Race For The Cure * Lakeland
– Join the excitement in 2014 as Polk County welcomes back Komen Florida Suncoast Polk Race for the Cure®. The race will be held at Joker Marchant Stadium in Lakeland, Florida on January 24, 2015. Komen Race for the Cure® raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship, and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 24 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Tram Nature Tour at Circle B Bar Reserve * Lakeland
– Requires sign up. Take a personalized tour of the Banana Creek Marsh with a volunteer guide who will point out plants, birds and history of the property.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 24 3:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Central Florida Rum and Food Experience * Lakeland
– Our event will be held on Saturday, January 24, 2015 from 3pm to 7pm at the Lakeland Center in Lakeland, Florida. The event will be the first of its kind for Lakeland and will feature rums to sip, savor and buy as well as plenty of delicious food to sample!
– This classy affair will feature live cocktail and food demonstrations and seminars to increase your rum knowledge! Fun will also be a factor as there will be live entertainment, cigar rolling and an area to enjoy the cigars.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 24 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Lake Wales Wine Walk & Shop * Lake Wales
– Visit our delightful downtown area merchants for shopping and food & wine sampling. You will receive a wristband for entry to the event, plus the Chamber’s 100th Anniversary commemorative Wine Glass, a Tote Bag, and be entered to win some fabulous prizes!
– Just for fun, dress in “Roaring Twenties” attire to coincide with the era the Lake Wales Area Chamber of Commerce was founded.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 24 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Lake Wales Car Show * Lake Wales
– Stroll and admire the cool antique, custom and classic cars of yesteryear while enjoying music, enchanting shops, and the unique restaurants of charming downtown Lake Wales. Cost: Free Admission to participants and spectators.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 25 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Tram Nature Tour at Circle B Bar Reserve * Lakeland
– Tram Nature Tours: Requires sign up. Take a personalized tour of the Banana Creek Marsh with a volunteer guide who will point out plants, birds and history of the property.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 25 5:00 PM – 6:30 PM
Music at Pinewood: Rising Artist Series * Lake Wales
– Faculty and hand-picked scholars from Harrison School for the Arts perform a variety of classical programs with piano, strings, woodwinds, guitar and vocals.
MONDAY, JANUARY 26 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
FPC Performing Arts Series * Lakeland
– The Grammy Award winning group Chanticleer will again grace the sanctuary of First Presbyterian Church to perform their touring concert Chanticleer: An Orchestra of Voices.
– Labeled “The world’s reining male chorus” by the New Yorker Magazine, Chanticleer brings their lush vocal artistry to a wide range of musical genres: everything from traditional choral music to Jazz, Rock, and Pop.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 27 – WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 28 ALL DAY
Snowbird Extravaganza * Lakeland
– This event combines a consumer show featuring products and services of local and national organizations with three stages of free live entertainment and feature areas including a Healthy Living Centre, a Memory Centre, Internet Café, The Hockey Hall of Fame and Animals of the World show.
TUESDAY, JANUARY 27 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Historic Lake Mirror Tours * Lakeland
– The story starts during the horse and buggy days when people hitched their horses up at Munn Park to visit downtown. Learn how the Loggia came about and even how to say Loggia.
– Call the Lake Mirror rental office to reserve a spot 863-834-2280. Limit 25 people.
Haines City Farmers Market – Wednesdays weekly
Davenport Farmers Market at Polk Outpost 27 – Thursdays weekly
Winter Haven Farmers Market – Thursdays weekly
Downtown Lakeland Farmers Curb Market – Saturdays weekly
1st and 3rd Saturday Market in South Lakeland – First and third Saturdays monthly
Lake Wales Farmers Market – Second and fourth Saturdays monthly
Highland City Community Market – Third Saturday monthly
Mulberry Farmers Market – Third Saturday monthly
4th Saturday Market Winter Haven – Fourth Saturday monthly